Public Affairs and Policy
We’re looking for an ambitious and hardworking Public Affairs and Policy Executive to join our growing team. You will be part of a progressive, energetic, and results-driven strategic communications team working with a range of world class clients.
You will have a passionate interest in politics and current affairs with a good understanding of government and parliament and a keen interest in business and the media. Ideal candidates will have an in-depth understanding of the workings of the Scottish Parliament and government, excellent writing, interpersonal and organisational skills and a talent for digital and social media. We are a busy and growing business, and you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and make a difference.
- Monitoring and reporting on the activities of the Scottish Parliament, Scottish Government and local government
- Undertaking policy research and analysis
- Drafting briefings, correspondence and presentations
- Developing and maintaining internal systems and administrative functions
- Arranging parliamentary and stakeholder events
- Developing digital communications capabilities
- Ensuring Scottish Lobby Register compliance and manage submissions
- Deputising for other members of the team to manage client requests as needed
Experience & skills:
- 12 months work experience or internship in a public affairs agency, in-house environment or Scottish Parliament
- Confident and professional when dealing with external stakeholders
- Highly organised with a good eye for detail
- Great written and communication skills
- Ability to use your initiative and manage time/workloads efficiently
- Proficient in researching and analysing complex information
- A keen interest in politics, public policy and current affairs in Scotland and the UK
Dram Communications is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal opportunities for all applicants regardless of race, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or gender.
This is a full-time role with a range of attractive benefits, but we are open to discussing flexible working opportunities or part time opportunities.
Applicants should include their CV with a short cover letter to:
The closing deadline for applications is Friday 4th March 2022
Dram Communications is an independently owned, corporate communications, public affairs & data strategy business based in Scotland. Established in 2008, our experienced team combines strategic, evidence-based counsel and hands on delivery.