Public Affairs Account Manager
Dram Communications are looking for an ambitious and experienced account manager to join our growing public affairs team. You will have an in depth understanding of Scottish politics, a passion for policy and current affairs and excellent organisational and communication skills. You will lead and develop client accounts, act as a trusted advisor and play an active role in business development whilst devising and delivering public affairs strategies.
You will be part of a progressive, energetic, and results-driven strategic communications team, working with a range of world class clients. This is an exciting role with significant opportunity for personal development and growth and to shape a fast moving and growing business.
- Day-to-day delivery lead on a portfolio of client accounts
- Senior counsel and trusted advisor to clients, responding quickly and accurately to requests
- Devise and deliver proactive and reactive public affairs engagement strategies and programmes
- Draft a range of high-quality materials including briefings and policy analysis
- Co-ordinate, manage and undertake political engagement meetings and the running of events
- Monitor and provide information/alerts and analysis on parliamentary activities
- Build and manage relationships with key external stakeholders across the Scottish political and business communities
- Represent Dram at external events and meetings
- Develop new business through personal networking and lead generation, supporting and leading on pitches
- Inspire, mentor and motivate junior team members to build a highly engaged and productive team
Experience & Skills:
- 5+ years experience either in-house or agency
- Deep knowledge of the workings of Scottish Parliament and strong understanding of the wider policy and political landscape
- Proven project management skills with the ability to deliver high-quality work on brief and on time
- Ability to work independently, flexibly, under pressure and to short deadlines
- Highly competent in all written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience of digital communications or media relations would be desirable
- Confidence and gravitas to build strong client relationships and be a trusted consultant
Dram Communications is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equal opportunities for all applicants regardless of race, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or gender.
This is a full-time role with a range of attractive benefits, but we are open to discussing flexible working opportunities or part time opportunities.
Applicants should include their CV with a short cover letter to:
The closing deadline for applications is Friday 4th March 2022
Dram Communications is an independently owned, corporate communications, public affairs & data strategy business based in Scotland. Established in 2008, our experienced team combines strategic, evidence-based counsel and hands on delivery.